This recipe is simple, quick, and way better than we ever expected. You’ll be digging right in with a spoon, straight out of the skillet!
- 8 tbsp salted butter (add ¼ Tsp. salt for non-salted butter)
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ¼ c light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 c milk chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream & chocolate syrup (optional)
*This recipe is for two cookies, so make sure you’re putting half of the mixture in each skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over low to medium heat, melt butter in 2- 4” cast iron skillets.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugars and vanilla.
- Allow to slightly cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cool, whisk egg into the mixture.
- Stir in flour and baking soda (and salt if you’re adding it) until completely mixed.
- Carefully fold in chocolate morsels.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.