No bake, one pot, quick and easy chocolaty goodness. These cookies are really more like peanut butter fudge with a little oatmeal thrown in – you know, for extra health benefits.
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 3-4 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups 1-minute oats (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Salt (a dash)
1. In 2-quart saucepan, stir together first 3 ingredients. Add butter and heat to boiling.
2. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute after butter melts.
3. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, uncooked oats, salt, and vanilla.
4. Drop by tablespoon onto waxed paper or parchment paper. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Be sure to cook at a full boil – not just a simmer – for the entire minute.
- Regular oats may be used for a chewier texture.
- Sometimes, high humidity will prevent these cookies from setting up. Best to make on non-rainy days.